- GraphQL API (no REST)
- PostgreSQL DB (transactional)
- ClickHouse (columnar DB for data warehousing)
- Redis (session storage, task queue management)
- Sequelize ORM (exploring Prisma as a potential replacement)
- Jest test runner
- Infrastructure: Docker images orchestrated with Kubernetes, Ksonnet. Currently all hosted on AWS.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions.
- 3+ years of experience as a professional software (node.js) engineer.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Intimate knowledge of JS ecosystem (tooling, libraries, etc.).
- Experience with React (web frontend, server-side rendering, and React Native on mobile platforms).
- Experience with large, complex code bases and know how to maintain them.
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo a big plus.
- Upper intermediate English.
- Writing clean, well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Tests and maintaining thorough test coverage.
- Lead design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members and participate in design decisions.
- Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and free of technical debt.