UKEESS Software House is looking for a Senior/Staff Software Java Performance Engineer that’s an expert in building high-performance web applications and microservices, familiar with advanced practices in building scalable websites. This engineer will be a member of a team that finds and addresses issues across the entire product and will establish and document best practices and collaborate in the development of new capabilities and practices that improve the user experience for users on slow connections worldwide.
This engineer will also have the opportunity to partake in the design, architecture, and development of advanced software solutions, and provide high levels of system support for internal systems, e.g. that support the visualization and analysis of multi-dimensional data that represents the responsiveness of our products. The person will adhere to the organization’s software solutions while following industry best practices surrounding AGILE methodologies. The ideal candidate will be able to interpret and articulate business needs and demonstrate competency in providing business solutions. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Assess, analyze and identify opportunities to improve the performance of customer-facing web pages. This will include becoming well versed in the flows and uses of the product, in order to understand the impact of performance on key flows, with the ability to then articulate business impact.
- Engage with teams to address issues, implement best practices, and improve the performance of the site. This involves the development and submission of change requests and mentoring teams in best practices.
- As a mentor must be highly competent and confident in order to develop reports and respect in mentoring and training technical leads in teams across the organization.
- Design, build, enhance and maintain internal tools using industry-standard technologies
- Work on AWS technologies such as ECS, Fargate, etc.
- Work with Docker, Jenkins, CDN technologies.
- Write code that follows standards and best practices, especially around performance, stability, and testability
- Work in a collaborative agile environment (SCRUM)
- Investigate and resolve customer issues in a timely-manner
- BS degree in the relevant area required or equivalent working experience
- 4+ years experience with Java
- Proven experience building scalable web sites
- 2+ years experience deploying applications in a cloud environment (AWS or Azure)
- 5+ years of experience building RESTful services in a microservices environment
- Strong understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Understanding of CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment)
- Strong command-line experience using remote access Linux
- Experience working within an Agile development environment
- Experience with JMeter or like tools is a big plus
- Knowledge of web protocols