This engineer will also have the opportunity to partake in the design, architecture, and development of advanced software solutions, and provide high levels of system support for internal systems. The person will adhere to the clients’ organization software solutions while following industry best practices surrounding AGILE methodologies. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Write Python code based on functional specification and technical design. Adhere to architectural standards and develop designs that consider impact with other aspects of the database and appropriately leverage existing code.
- Leverage public cloud technologies, databases - S3, serverless (AWS Lambda, Fargate, ECS)
- Drive optimal solution design collaborating with architects and cross-functional teams.
- Independently analyze and resolve production problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions.
- Evaluate and interpret requirements to design, develop and implement appropriate solutions.
- Perform code reviews, identify potential issues to reduce technical debt and provide coding best practice recommendations.
- Build and automate repeatable processes to improve overall efficiency.
- Take ownership of tasks and deliver with limited supervision while using own discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the delivery of the product.
- Work with Docker, Jenkins, CDN technologies.
Knowledge, Skills And Competencies:
- 3+ years of experience in Python backend
- 1+ year of experience with AWS platform using services such as S3, IAM, Lambda
- Experience with microservices architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker)
- Working knowledge of GIT and managing branching strategies - code migrations and version control.
- Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply them in daily coding scenarios
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently.
- A desire to build tools and applications to automate work.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and attention to detail; strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodology
- English: at least strong-intermediate level